Elumen is a bit different than other hair dyes when it comes to its usage. Therefore, we are providing instructions for colouring your hair with Elumen. More information about this amazing hair dye can be found in our FAQ. See also the ingredient list.
Instructions for Elumen hair colour
Protect your hairline, ears, and neck carefully with Vaseline or skin cream. Protect your surroundings, too, for example with newspapers, because the hair colour is runny and may be difficult to handle. When handling the product, always use gloves. The dye is ready to use straight from the bottle, no need for developers or serums. Leftover colour can be saved for later use. The colours can be mixed freely. If you are looking for a pastel shade, dilute with the Elumen Clear. We also have a product called Clean, which is used to get colour stains off the scalp and skin.
Step-by-step instructions for Elumen hair colour
- Apply the colour to clean dry hair or towel-dried hair if you prefer a milder shade.
- Saturate your hair thoroughly with the dye. The colour can be applied with a brush and application bottle or the Elumen applicator comb.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair twice with shampoo.
- Evenly apply approximately 40 milliliters of Elumen Lock to your towel-dried hair, then leave it on for five minutes and rinse well.
- Finally, use a conditioner normally.
The hair colour’s longevity and coverage depend largely on hair quality and the dye used. Generally, two or three dyes are required before the colour is layered and no longer fades.
Note that Elumen is a translucent hair colour, so the original colour affects the outcome and any streaks will remain visible. In addition, Elumen is characterized by reflecting light, hence the colour of the hair varies depending on the light.