Elumen is an oxidant-free hair colour that does not contain ammonia, ammonia-odor or oxidizing agents. All colours can be mixed freely with each other. No developers are needed, the colours are ready-to-use straight from the bottle.
Elumen Ingredients list
All Elumen colours contain the same basic ingredients with the only difference being the used dyes and their ratio.
Basic Elumen ingredients are:
- Water, used as solvent
- Propylene Carbonate, used as solvent
- Alcohol Denat., used as solvent
- Lactic Acid, used as buffering agents / humectants
- PEG-9 Dimethicone, used as antistatic agents / emollients
- Xanthan Gum, used as binders / emulsion stabilisers / viscosity controlling agents
- Sodium Hydroxide, used as buffering agents / denaturants
- Fragrance/Parfum, odor-absorbing substance or deodorant substance
More information about ingredients in general can be found in here.
It is good to remember that the most used ingredient is always at the beginning of ingredient list. Therefore colours contain mostly water, propylene carbonate, alcohol denat. and lactid acid, along with the dyes.
Each colour contain one or several different dyes. The dyes in question can be for example:
- Acid Orange 7, azo dye
- Acid Yellow 3, azo dye
- Acid Violet 43, azo dye
Each colour’s exact ingredient list is found on the product page.